Oakville Independent Schools represent a large employment sector in the community and have a significant impact on the quality of life and education base for future employers.
The OIS represents more than 777* employees and provides a long-term and stable employment base. The OIS also provides a vibrant employment hub for other businesses in Oakville and utilizes the services of an estimated 192 local contract workers, suppliers or services.
Why work at an Independent School?
Teachers at independent schools are offered a supportive and professional environment where faculty and staff are given the autonomy and resources to be effective and influential educators. Some of the reasons teachers choose to work at an independent school are:
- Teachers have greater instructional autonomy;
- Teachers are encouraged to not just instruct, but be collaborators and facilitators;
- Teachers are supported and respected by colleagues and school heads;
- Close-knit school communities that actively support achievement;
- Teaching students is a collaborative approach that actively involves parents in both academic and extracurricular aspects;
- Students come to an environment where they are expected to come prepared to learn.
All job listings are provided by OIS member schools. For more information about each listing, please contact the school directly.
Listing of jobs by school
Chisholm Academy – The IEP School – Grades 7-12
Full-Time and Multiple Part-Time Positions
Chisholm Academy is a traditional, full-time, private school, characterized by small classes and a unique, flexible, individualized approach to student learning. We believe that most students can be successful when a realistic education plan is developed and when the implementation of the plan includes individual academic and personal accommodations or strategies.
We are currently seeking two full-time and multiple part-time teachers who:
*Possess an Ontario Teacher’s Certificate.
*Are passionate about working with students who experience academic difficulty.
*Are qualified to teach one of the following: Senior Maths, Senior Sciences, French, and Business.
*Have training in special education.
Part-time teachers are required during the day for our summer school program and/or in the afternoon/evenings during the school year as part of our remedial program.
Full-time teachers are needed for September as part of our full-time private school for students with learning difficulties.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the subject line of your email either “Part-time” or “Full-time.”
***No phone calls please***
King’s Christian Collegiate
Professeur de français
King’s Christian Collegiate vous invite de poser votre candidature pour la position de professeur de français. Le candidat sera capable de :
- parler et écrire en français couramment
- animer tout les étudiants à réussir
- utiliser les méthodologies les plus modernes et efficaces pour l’acquisition d’une langue seconde
- maintenir le programme en place toute en ajoutant leurs propres idées afin d’engager les étudiants de continuer à apprendre le français
- démontrer une passion d’apprendre de toutes les cultures
Pour poser sa candidature, veuillez envoyer une lettre de motivation, la curriculum-vitae, trois références professionnelles, une référence de votre pasteur et une copie de vos relevés universitaires au directeur d’école email@example.com. Consultez le site web dans la section « Career Opportunities » pour trouver tous les détails à propos d’une carrière à King’s.
Etant donné le montant de candidatures que nous recevons, on vous remercie votre intérêt mais malheureusement seulement les candidats sélectionnés pour une entrevue seront contactés.
St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School
Middle & Senior School – French Teacher – 60% Contract – 1 Year Contract – September 2015 – August 2016
Since 1891, St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School has been providing girls and young women with exceptional learning experiences, helping them reach their full potential and prepare to be citizens of the world. Today, SMLS remains committed to the benefits of single-gender education, academic excellence, and global learning.
St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School has a one year opening for a 60% Middle & Senior School French Teacher. This position will be responsible for working in collaboration with the Modern Languages Department to develop and deliver innovative and comprehensive programming that meets the learning needs of the students.
The successful candidate is enthusiastic, articulate, and a creative teacher who communicates with ease and confidence. You offer a learning community that allows different learners to thrive and prosper. You are comfortable engaging in innovative and diverse programming. You are a critical thinker who demonstrates initiative, integrity, and attention to detail.
Experience, Education, and Qualifications:
- Ontario Teacher Certification with Intermediate/Senior qualifications
- 3+ years of French language teaching experience in the intermediate division (Grades 7-9)
- Experience teaching the DELF program (Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française) an asset
- Additional qualifications (an asset)
- Work experience in the independent school environment (an asset)
- A comfort with Mac Applications and Smartboard Technology
St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School is a member of the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, provides a competitive salary, and full benefits for staff members.
If you are interested in joining the school team and playing an integral role in the development of young women, please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting Job “Senior School French Teacher” via e-mail, to Barbara Webb at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be received until the role is filled.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: Not all OIS member schools use this site for all of their openings.
*Statistics obtained from the Oakville Independent Schools economic impact statement 2007-2008.