Oakville Independent Schools represent a large employment sector in the community and have a significant impact on the quality of life and education base for future employers.
The OIS represents more than 777* employees and provides a long-term and stable employment base. The OIS also provides a vibrant employment hub for other businesses in Oakville and utilizes the services of an estimated 192 local contract workers, suppliers or services.
Why work at an Independent School?
Teachers at independent schools are offered a supportive and professional environment where faculty and staff are given the autonomy and resources to be effective and influential educators. Some of the reasons teachers choose to work at an independent school are:
- Teachers have greater instructional autonomy;
- Teachers are encouraged to not just instruct, but be collaborators and facilitators;
- Teachers are supported and respected by colleagues and school heads;
- Close-knit school communities that actively support achievement;
- Teaching students is a collaborative approach that actively involves parents in both academic and extracurricular aspects;
- Students come to an environment where they are expected to come prepared to learn.
All job listings are provided by OIS member schools. For more information about each listing, please contact the school directly.
Listing of jobs by school
Founded in 1979, Rotherglen School is a co-educational private school for students age 3 to Grade 8. With four campuses located in Oakville and Mississauga, Rotherglen prides itself on being a uniquely warm and nurturing school community, focused on enhancing every child’s learning experience. Rotherglen is a school where sound values are instilled in each student. Through inspiring and engaging academic and co-curricular programming, students are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
Our Oakville Elementary Campus is currently seeking innovative and passionate individuals to join our dynamic team in the following positions:
- Primary/Junior French Teacher
We are looking for a dynamic teacher to join our French department. Candidates should have a minimum of two years teaching experience, possess an Ontario Teacher’s Certificate, with specific qualifications in French. Candidates should also be willing and excited to participate in extra-curricular activities that enhance our students’ experiences at Rotherglen and contribute positively to building school culture.
Candidates should have a minimum of two years experience, possess an Ontario Teacher’s Certificate, with specific qualifications for each specific posting (or comparable certification), be willing and excited to participate in extra-curricular activities and contribute positively to building school culture.
Teaching experience and qualifications in the subject area are preferred. Private school experience is an asset.
- IT Help Desk Support & Maintenance Technician
We are seeking an IT Help Desk and Maintenance Technician to help support our users, both teachers and students, and our IT infrastructure at the school. Specific Responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Provide daily tier one support for students, teachers, and non teaching staff
- Troubleshoot hardware and software related issues
- Perform updates to iPads, laptops and computer lab (annually or as required)
- Work closely with our IT Administrator on assigned projects
- Keep inventory of school hardware
- Deploy apps for students and teachers throughout the year as requested
- Oversee technology needs at all school events
Candidates should possess Post Secondary Education relevant to this position. Have strong knowledge of OS X and/or Apple Technician Certification. Experience in a school setting would be considered an asset.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com, Attention: The Hiring Committee, and should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and three references. As a condition of employment, a Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is required.
We thank all candidates in advance; however,will only contact those selected for interview. No phone calls please.
Rotherglen is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and we accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Note: Not all OIS member schools use this site for all employment listings.
*Statistics obtained from the Oakville Independent Schools economic impact statement 2007-2008.