Oakville Independent Schools represent a large employment sector in the community and have a significant impact on the quality of life and education base for future employers.
The OIS represents more than 777* employees and provides a long-term and stable employment base. The OIS also provides a vibrant employment hub for other businesses in Oakville and utilizes the services of an estimated 192 local contract workers, suppliers or services.
Why work at an Independent School?
Teachers at independent schools are offered a supportive and professional environment where faculty and staff are given the autonomy and resources to be effective and influential educators. Some of the reasons teachers choose to work at an independent school are:
- Teachers have greater instructional autonomy;
- Teachers are encouraged to not just instruct, but be collaborators and facilitators;
- Teachers are supported and respected by colleagues and school heads;
- Close-knit school communities that actively support achievement;
- Teaching students is a collaborative approach that actively involves parents in both academic and extracurricular aspects;
- Students come to an environment where they are expected to come prepared to learn.
All job listings are provided by OIS member schools. For more information about each listing, please contact the school directly.
Listing of jobs by school
Rotherglen School – Oakville Elementary Campus
Outdoor Education Specialist and Supply Teachers
Rotherglen School, Oakville Elementary Campus, is currently seeking:
- Outdoor Education Specialist
- Supply Teachers. Qualified teachers for the 2015/2016 JK to Gr. 8 On Call Supply List.
Candidates should have a minimum of two years experience, possess an Ontario Teacher’s Certificate, with specific qualifications for each specific posting (or comparable certification), be willing and excited to participate in extracurricular activities and contribute positively to building school culture.
Applicants should electronically send relevant documents (cover letter, resume, performance appraisals, reference letters) to the attention of The Hiring Committee at email@example.com.
We kindly request no phone call inquiries.
Note: Not all OIS member schools use this site for all employment listings.
*Statistics obtained from the Oakville Independent Schools economic impact statement 2007-2008.