Oakville Independent Schools represent a large employment sector in the community and have a significant impact on the quality of life and education base for future employers.
The OIS represents more than 777* employees and provides a long-term and stable employment base. The OIS also provides a vibrant employment hub for other businesses in Oakville and utilizes the services of an estimated 192 local contract workers, suppliers or services.
Why work at an Independent School?
Teachers at independent schools are offered a supportive and professional environment where faculty and staff are given the autonomy and resources to be effective and influential educators. Some of the reasons teachers choose to work at an independent school are:
- Teachers have greater instructional autonomy;
- Teachers are encouraged to not just instruct, but be collaborators and facilitators;
- Teachers are supported and respected by colleagues and school heads;
- Close-knit school communities that actively support achievement;
- Teaching students is a collaborative approach that actively involves parents in both academic and extracurricular aspects;
- Students come to an environment where they are expected to come prepared to learn.
All job listings are provided by OIS member schools. For more information about each listing, please contact the school directly.
Listing of jobs by school
Our Oakville Elementary Campus is currently seeking innovative and passionate educators to join our dynamic team of teachers for September 2016, for the following positions:
- Grade 1 to 8 Physical Education Teacher/Athletics Coordinator (1.0 position)
- Grade 4 to 8 Visual Arts Teacher (.8 position)
Teaching experience and qualifications in the subject area are preferred. Private school experience is an asset.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: The Hiring Committee, and should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and three references. As a condition of employment, a Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is required.
We thank all candidates in advance; however, will only contact those selected for interview. No phone calls please.
Rotherglen is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and we accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Note: Not all OIS member schools use this site for all employment listings.
*Statistics obtained from the Oakville Independent Schools economic impact statement 2007-2008.