Oakville Independent Schools represent a large employment sector in the community and have a significant impact on the quality of life and education base for future employers.
The OIS represents more than 777* employees and provides a long-term and stable employment base. The OIS also provides a vibrant employment hub for other businesses in Oakville and utilizes the services of an estimated 192 local contract workers, suppliers or services.
Why work at an Independent School?
Teachers at independent schools are offered a supportive and professional environment where faculty and staff are given the autonomy and resources to be effective and influential educators. Some of the reasons teachers choose to work at an independent school are:
- Teachers have greater instructional autonomy;
- Teachers are encouraged to not just instruct, but be collaborators and facilitators;
- Teachers are supported and respected by colleagues and school heads;
- Close-knit school communities that actively support achievement;
- Teaching students is a collaborative approach that actively involves parents in both academic and extracurricular aspects;
- Students come to an environment where they are expected to come prepared to learn.
All job listings are provided by OIS member schools. For more information about each listing, please contact the school directly.
Listing of jobs by school
Since 1971, Chisholm has offered special education services to elementary and secondary students who require remediation, tutoring or accommodations or modifications to their programs.
Chisholm Academy Summer School currently requires Ontario Certified Teachers.
- Grades 1 through 12 in the remedial department and Grades 9 through 12 teaching high school credit.
- All subject areas.
Please forward a copy of your resume to: email@example.com.
Please visit www.chisholmacademy.com for more information.
Kings Christian Collegiate
When a deep respect for self, the other, and the Creator are systemic to instruction and policy, we at King’s Christian Collegiate are convinced that both the learner and the school will flourish. If this is a compelling thought for you, if you have a deep understanding and passion for your subject areas, and if you are driven to test learning boundaries for student success, perhaps our views on teaching, learning and nurturing young women and men are a match.
Applications are being accepted for the following positions:
- Bible Teacher
- International Student Coordinator
Application packages will include an introductory letter, a resume, three professional references and a pastor’s reference, and copies of transcripts. These can be sent to the principal, Mr. John DeBoer. Due to the number of responses, selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applications received until June 10, 2016. Position commences August 15, 2016.
Please visit: http://www.kingschristian.ca/about-kings/career-opportunities for job descriptions and further details.
Our Oakville Elementary Campus is currently seeking innovative and passionate educators to join our dynamic team of teachers for September 2016, for the following positions:
- Grade 1 to 8 Physical Education Teacher/Athletics Coordinator (1.0 position)
Teaching experience and qualifications in the subject area are preferred. Private school experience is an asset.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: The Hiring Committee, and should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and three references. As a condition of employment, a Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is required.
We thank all candidates in advance; however,will only contact those selected for interview. No phone calls please.
Rotherglen is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and we accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
At Wildwood Academy, we believe that all children can learn when they are taught appropriately. As a means of upholding this belief, all teachers are trained in effective teaching practices and positive behaviour management techniques. Wildwood Academy is registered with the Ontario Ministry of Education.
Wildwood Academy is devoted to accelerating the academic achievement of all students. Programs are individualized to allow each child to work to his or her potential. Structured lessons emphasize the basic skills of speaking, reading, writing, spelling, mathematics, reasoning and comprehension. Academic pursuits are balanced with instruction in science, social studies, health and fitness, computer studies, music, art, and drama. Practical self-management skills and effective study habits are taught to ensure success in all subject areas. The importance of positive social interactions and ethical integrity are also taught within the classroom setting and during extra-curricular activities. At Wildwood Academy, we strive to make education a positive experience, and we provide each student with the tools needed to engage in a lifetime of learning.
Our dedicated, caring and experienced teachers are committed to actively engaging the students in their learning. Our warm, friendly, supportive environment promotes the personal growth of each child. Wildwood teachers strive to know the students as individuals and are actively engaged in listening to their ideas, opinions and interests. Our teachers have been trained in Direct Instruction teaching techniques, which ensures a high success rate for all types of learners.
Wildwood Academy of Oakville currently requires an Ontario Certified Teacher for the upcoming school year.
- Must hold a university degree, Ontario Teaching Certification, and be in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Grades 2 through 8 for academic upgrading using Direct Instruction programs (training is provided), as well as traditional teaching methods.
- All subject areas; history/geography is an asset.
- Skill in teaching trade skills (e.g., woodworking, painting, basic construction) is an asset.
- Personal and professional qualities that contribute to the dynamic energy of a team-based approach with teachers, students, and their families.
- As a condition of employment, a Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is required.
Please e-mail your resumes at your earliest convenience to email@example.com. Due to the number of responses, selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
This position will commence August 29th, 2016.
Note: Not all OIS member schools use this site for all employment listings.
*Statistics obtained from the Oakville Independent Schools economic impact statement 2007-2008.