Oakville Independent Schools represent a large employment sector in the community and have a significant impact on the quality of life and education base for future employers.
The OIS represents more than 777* employees and provides a long-term and stable employment base. The OIS also provides a vibrant employment hub for other businesses in Oakville and utilizes the services of an estimated 192 local contract workers, suppliers or services.
Why work at an Independent School?
Teachers at independent schools are offered a supportive and professional environment where faculty and staff are given the autonomy and resources to be effective and influential educators. Some of the reasons teachers choose to work at an independent school are:
- Teachers have greater instructional autonomy;
- Teachers are encouraged to not just instruct, but be collaborators and facilitators;
- Teachers are supported and respected by colleagues and school heads;
- Close-knit school communities that actively support achievement;
- Teaching students is a collaborative approach that actively involves parents in both academic and extracurricular aspects;
- Students come to an environment where they are expected to come prepared to learn.
All job listings are provided by OIS member schools. For more information about each listing, please contact the school directly.
Listing of jobs by school
St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School
Advancement Office, Administrative Assistant – Full Time Start: ASAP
Since 1891, St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School has been providing girls and young women with exceptional learning experiences, helping them reach their full potential and prepare to be citizens of the world. Today, SMLS remains committed to the benefits of single gender education, academic excellence and global learning.
St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School’s has a full time opening in our Advancement Office for an Administrative Assistant. This position will be responsible for the day to day administrative support of the Advancement Office including database management.
The successful candidate is enthusiastic, articulate and a creative administrative professional who communicates with ease and confidence to a variety of stakeholders in our school (staff, students, parents, donors, etc). You are a critical thinker and problem solver who demonstrates initiative, integrity and attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a detailed, accurate and up to date donor database (donors, parents, students) in Raiser’s Edge
- Manage CRM process to assist with development work
- Assist with the preparation of the recognition management program
- Produce revenue reports, campaign tracking reports and ad hoc reports as necessary
- Support the Director, Advancement with prospect research
- Work with the Finance Department to reconcile revenue and gift entries.
- Manage all donations, recording gifts in Raiser’s Edge, reconciling revenue monthly with GL and preparing pledge reminders & letters
- Prepare and distribute tax receipts and donor thank you letters
- Provide administrative support to Director of Advancement
- Responsible for updating revenue side of Advancement Office Budget
- Assist in the planning and execution of School-wide events as needed including pre, during and post events (including Gala, Golf Fundraiser, etc)
- Primary event facilitator for all in-school Advancement events including online registration management
- Support the Advancement Office with external mailings throughout the year (both online and via hardcopy)
- Ensure filing system is accurate and up to date
- Manage and maintain office inventory and stationary.
- Order signage and plaques for school on an as needs basis
- Support emergency back up support for School reception
Experience, Education, and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education in Communications, Marketing or Administration
- 2-3 years’ experience working in an administrative role (ideally within an Advancement Office)
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge
- CRM Management Experience
- Experience in an independent school (an asset)
St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School provides a competitive salary and full benefits for staff members.
If you are interested in joining the School team and playing an integral role in the development of young women, please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting Job “AO Admin Assistant” via e-mail, to Human Resources at email@example.com
Applications must be received by Wednesday May 27, 2015
While we appreciate all applications only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Founded in 1979, Rotherglen School is a co-educational private school for students age 3 to Grade 8. With four campuses located in Oakville and Mississauga, Rotherglen prides itself on being a uniquely warm and nurturing school community, focused on enhancing every child’s learning experience. Rotherglen is a school where sound values are instilled in each student. Through inspiring and engaging academic and co-curricular programming, students are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
We are currently seeking innovative and passionate educators to join our dynamic team of teachers, for the following positions:
- Lower Elementary Montessori Teacher (*Montessori diploma required)
- Grade 4 Teacher (full time, one year maternity leave position)
- Learning Resource Specialist (qualifications in junior/intermediate required)
- Outdoor Education – Experiential Learning Teacher
- Orton-Gillingham Specialist (part-time)
Candidates should preferably have a minimum of two years experience, possess an Ontario Teacher’s Certificate, with specific qualifications for each specific posting (or comparable certification), be willing and excited to participate in extra-curricular activities and contribute positively to building school culture. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and three references. Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: Not all OIS member schools use this site for all of their openings.
*Statistics obtained from the Oakville Independent Schools economic impact statement 2007-2008.