Oakville Independent Schools represent a large employment sector in the community and have a significant impact on the quality of life and education base for future employers.
The OIS represents more than 777* employees and provides a long-term and stable employment base. The OIS also provides a vibrant employment hub for other businesses in Oakville and utilizes the services of an estimated 192 local contract workers, suppliers or services.
Why work at an Independent School?
Teachers at independent schools are offered a supportive and professional environment where faculty and staff are given the autonomy and resources to be effective and influential educators. Some of the reasons teachers choose to work at an independent school are:
- Teachers have greater instructional autonomy;
- Teachers are encouraged to not just instruct, but be collaborators and facilitators;
- Teachers are supported and respected by colleagues and school heads;
- Close-knit school communities that actively support achievement;
- Teaching students is a collaborative approach that actively involves parents in both academic and extracurricular aspects;
- Students come to an environment where they are expected to come prepared to learn.
All job listings are provided by OIS member schools. For more information about each listing, please contact the school directly.
Listing of jobs by school
Founded in 1979, Rotherglen School is a co-educational private school for students age 3 to Grade 8. With four campuses located in Oakville and Mississauga, Rotherglen prides itself on being a uniquely warm and nurturing school community, which enhances every child’s learning experience. Rotherglen is a school where sound values are instilled in each student. Through inspiring and engaging academic and co-curricular programming, students are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
Rotherglen is currently seeking innovative and passionate educators to join its dynamic team of teachers, for the following positions:
- Elementary Montessori Teacher
- Supply Teachers (Grades 1 to 8)
Candidates should have a minimum of two years experience, possess an Ontario Teacher’s Certificate (or comparable certification), be willing to participate in extra-curricular activities and contribute positively to building school culture.
Applications can be sent to email@example.com and should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and three references. Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: Not all OIS member schools use this site for all of their openings.
*Statistics obtained from the Oakville Independent Schools economic impact statement 2007-2008.