Oakville Independent Schools represent a large employment sector in the community and have a significant impact on the quality of life and education base for future employers.
The OIS represents more than 777* employees and provides a long-term and stable employment base. The OIS also provides a vibrant employment hub for other businesses in Oakville and utilizes the services of an estimated 192 local contract workers, suppliers or services.
Why work at an Independent School?
Teachers at independent schools are offered a supportive and professional environment where faculty and staff are given the autonomy and resources to be effective and influential educators. Some of the reasons teachers choose to work at an independent school are:
- Teachers have greater instructional autonomy;
- Teachers are encouraged to not just instruct, but be collaborators and facilitators;
- Teachers are supported and respected by colleagues and school heads;
- Close-knit school communities that actively support achievement;
- Teaching students is a collaborative approach that actively involves parents in both academic and extracurricular aspects;
- Students come to an environment where they are expected to come prepared to learn.
All job listings are provided by OIS member schools. For more information about each listing, please contact the school directly.
Note: Not all OIS member schools use this site for all employment listings.
*Statistics obtained from the Oakville Independent Schools economic impact statement 2007-2008.
Listing of jobs by school
Clanmore Montessori: Casa Teacher, Maternity Leave, January 2109 or September 2019
Clanmore is a well-established, licenced school located in Oakville, Ontario. Housed in a beautifully restored historic farmhouse with custom designed additions, Clanmore offers Montessori programming from toddler through to adolescent.
We are always looking for exceptional educators to join our team. Applicants must have:
- A.M.I. or MACTE approved Casa training
- ECE certification is preferred but not essential
- experience working in a collaborative Montessori atmosphere
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- a joyful attitude and dedication towards their work
- a current police record check, vulnerable sector screening
We offer an extremely supportive, passionate and positive working environment.
Please send your resume to the attention of Cathy Sustronk at firstname.lastname@example.org. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those invited for interviews will be contacted. If you require accessibility accommodations please let us know when you are contacted for an interview.
CCMA accredited. Member Oakville Independent Schools.
MacLachlan College: Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
Located in the heart of the town of Oakville Ontario, MacLachlan College is an independent university preparatory school for 340 boys and girls, Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12. MacLachlan was founded in 1978 on the vision of a school that embraces solid concepts of academic excellence within a stimulating, dynamic environment that nurtures the joy of learning. MacLachlan’s caring and expert teachers engage students in a stimulating, dynamic environment that nurtures the joy of learning.
This position is responsible for supporting the kindergarten team (PK-SK) and the aftercare team with the supervision of students ages 3-11 years old.
- Completion of an ECE diploma
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Highly organized and motivated to work with children
- Current CPR and First aid training an asset
- A current Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check is a condition of employment.
The successful candidate must be an energetic team player excited by the opportunity to contribute to an exceptional school. If this is you, please send your resume to: Jacki Bright, Deputy Head, email@example.com