Oakville Independent Schools represent a large employment sector in the community and have a significant impact on the quality of life and education base for future employers.
The OIS represents more than 777* employees and provides a long-term and stable employment base. The OIS also provides a vibrant employment hub for other businesses in Oakville and utilizes the services of an estimated 192 local contract workers, suppliers or services.
Why work at an Independent School?
Teachers at independent schools are offered a supportive and professional environment where faculty and staff are given the autonomy and resources to be effective and influential educators. Some of the reasons teachers choose to work at an independent school are:
- Teachers have greater instructional autonomy;
- Teachers are encouraged to not just instruct, but be collaborators and facilitators;
- Teachers are supported and respected by colleagues and school heads;
- Close-knit school communities that actively support achievement;
- Teaching students is a collaborative approach that actively involves parents in both academic and extracurricular aspects;
- Students come to an environment where they are expected to come prepared to learn.
All job listings are provided by OIS member schools. For more information about each listing, please contact the school directly.
Note: Not all OIS member schools use this site for all employment listings.
*Statistics obtained from the Oakville Independent Schools economic impact statement 2007-2008.
Listing of jobs by school
King’s Christian Collegiate
King’s Christian Collegiate is accepting applications for an administrative assistant. The successful candidate
• demonstrates a spirit of helpfulness in responding to a variety of requests
• is known for initiative in pursuing new tasks and skills
• adapts easily to new technology
• performs simple concept film-making and editing with ease
• relentlessly pursues the completion of beautiful projects
• loves details and knows how to prioritize and manage several projects
• captures the vision of a task and drives it to a remarkable product
• has a warm persona and seeks harmony in working with others.
This is a part-time position of 24 hours per week during the school year with the potential for increased hours. All King’s employees are expected to model exemplary behaviours towards students, fellow employees, and all others who come into the building.
If interested, please submit an application package including resume, relevant transcripts or certificates, two professional references, and one pastor’s reference to the attention of the principal, Mr. John DeBoer, at email@example.com before September 28, 2018. Due to the volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.